About TERAOKA

Company History

1921
TERAOKA SEISAKUSHO was founded by Akihiro Teraoka at the present location of the Head Office.
The company commenced to manufacture Black Tapes for electrical insulation in order to meet the needs of the time of electricity. (Anniversary of the founding of the company February 11)
1929
New process for manufacturing Black Tapes by friction coating using recycled rubber was completed.
1943
Reorganization into incorporated company.
1945
Kintaro Matsunaga assumed the post of president.
1950
Production of vinyl adhesive tapes and Olive Tapes.
1952
Production of 6 new types of tape, such as crepe tapes.
1956
Production of polyester film adhesive tapes.
1961
Production of double-coated adhesive tapes enabled the company to enter into the field of general industrial use.
1962
Motoyuki Teraoka assumed the post of president. The capital was increased to 100 million yen.
Commencement of the Ohmiya plant operation. Osaka sub-branch office (currently Osaka Branch Office) opened.
1965
Production of acetate cloth adhesive tape.
1967
Commencement of the Kannami plant operation to deal with increased demand for Olive Tapes.
1968
Nagoya sub-branch office (currently Nagoya Branch Office) opened.
Production of combination adhesive tapes.
1970
Commencement of the Sano plant operation
1972
Production of glass cloth adhesive tapes.
1973
Production of double-coated adhesive Nomex® tapes, Kapton® film adhesive
tapes, copper foil adhesive tapes and aluminum foil adhesive tapes.
1977
Registered in the over-the-counter stock market in Tokyo. The capital was increased to 500 million yen.
1978
Tokyo Branch Office opened. Production of belting tapes, waterproof tapes and explosion-proof tapes for cathode-ray tubes.
1979
Production of double-coated adhesive film tapes. The company entered into the materials sector of the electronics industry.
1984
The capital was increased to 1,313 million yen.
1985
The Sendai Sales Office and the Fukuoka Sales Office opened.
1987
Listed on Tokyo Stock Exchange Market, Division II. The capital was increased to 2,213 million yen.
1989
Production of copper foil conductive adhesive tapes.
1990
Commencement of the Ibaraki plant operation. The Ohmiya Sales Office opens.
1994
Production of polyethylene cloth adhesive tapes.
1995
Hong Kong Liaison Office was established. Tera-Tak (Hong Kong), Co.,Ltd.was established. Dongguan Si De (Electronic Tape), Co.,Ltd. was established.
1996
The capital was increased to 3,904 million yen. Completion of Chemical Research Technical Center.
1997
ISO 9001 accreditation was acquired by all domestic offices. Yokohama Sales Office opened. Production of silicone rubber adhesive tapes.
2000
Keishiro Teraoka assumed the post of president.
2001
ISO 14001 accreditation was acquired by all domestic factories.
2004
A new company trademark was introduced, and the company logo was updated. Teraoka Seisakusho(Shanghai)Co.,Ltd was established. Tera-Tak (Hong Kong) was recognized into a subsidiary of us, and the company’s name was changed to Teraoka Seisakusho (Hong Kong) Co.,Ltd.
2006
Teraoka Seisakusho (Shenzhen) Co.,Ltd., a subsidiary of Teraoka Seisakusho(Hong Kong), Co.,Ltd was established.
2007
Shin-Ei Shoji Co.,Ltd. was recognized into a subsidiary of us.
2009
The new production line of the Ibaraki plant commenced operation.
2011
PT.Teraoka Seisakusho Indonesia was established.
2013
The Seoul Branch Office and the Taipei Representative Office opened.
2015
Masking tape won good design long life design award 2015.